DOWNLOAD: Local COVID-19 Support/Support for Vulnerable Families – Blaby, Harborough and Lutterworth
Divorce/Parents Splitting Up
- www.itsnotyourfault.org – Practical information for children, young people and parents going through a family break-up.
- www.divorceaid.co.uk/child/teenagers.htm – Information about divorce, with a section for young people.
- www.cafcass.gov.uk – Information if parents are going to Court, because they cannot agree on who will look after you.
- www.nyas.net – The National Youth Advocacy Service – offering information and legal advice for young people, up to 25 years of age.
- www.winstonswish.org.uk – leading bereavement charity offering practical support and guidance to anyone concerned about a grieving child.
- www.rd4u.org.uk – designed by young people for young people to support each other over the death of someone close.
- www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk – charity supporting people through bereavement. Leicester branch : Tel 0116 2884119
- www.thelauracentre.org – Leicester based. Tel 0116 2545981 – family and individual free bereavement counselling centre.
- www.uk-sobs.org.uk – Survivors of bereavement in respect of suicide.
Drugs and Alcohol/Smoking
Mental Health/Emotional Wellbeing
- World Mental Health Day every year, always held on 10th October – raises public awareness about mental health issues
- www.youngminds.org.uk – comprehensive resource on all aspects of mental health and well-being for young people and parents. Parent helpline : 0808 802 5544
- www.samaritans.org/branches/samaritans-leicester – provides confidential, emotional support 24hrs a day in email, telephone, letter and face to face. Local number Tel: 0116 2700 007 or 08457 90 90 90
- www.sane.org.uk –support to improve the quality of life for people affected by mental illness Saneline: 0845 767 8000
- www.mind.org.uk – Provides information to help and promote a better understanding of mental health
- www.mentalhealth.org.uk – mental health foundation charity providing information, research, campaigns and advice to anyone affected by mental health.
- www.thecalmzone.net – advice targeted at men aged 15 – 35, help, info and advice on any issue. Helpline 0800 027 2982
- http://think.direct.gov.uk – THINK! provides road safety information for road users. Our aim is to encourage safer behaviour to reduce the number of people killed and injured on our roads every year.
- www.papyrus-uk.org – resources and support for dealing with emotional distress. Parent and teacher resources available. Helpline Tel : 0800 668 414
Diet and Eating Disorders
Young Carers and People in Care
Anti – Bullying and Racism
- Christine Harries – Parent Support Advisor: Based at Welland Park Community College. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone Number: 01858 464795
- www.yourfamily.org.uk – positive parenting, advice and tips.
- www.funandfamilies.co.uk – Tel: 0116 223 4254 – Leicester based centre offering parent and young people courses.
- Youngminds Parent information service Tel: 0800 018 2138
- Reading : ‘How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk’ by Adele Faber and Elain Mazlish Price £9.99
- www.parentlineplus.org.uk – covers a wide range of issues for parents. Tel 0808 8002222
- www.relateforparents.org.uk – provides resources and information for parents including divorce and separation. They also have a web based chat line and a helpline. Tel 0300 100 1234
Crime and the Law
Counselling services for young people
- Counselling Directory – The purpose of this site is to provide the UK with a huge counselling support network, enabling those in distress to find a counsellor close to them and appropriate for their needs.