For some time we have used email and text messages to keep you informed. We have to pay for text messages and this can add up to a lot of money.
We now have a new smart phone app – School Gateway. The app is completely free, and cuts the costs of text messaging. Great news as the money saved can be better used elsewhere.
Using your smart phone, please download the new School Gateway App.
This will save us a significant amount on our text messaging costs and is completely free for you to use. You will receive and can reply to free instant messages on your phone. All your school messages will be in one place.
If you have a smart phone (Android version 2.3 or above /iPhone 3GS) you simply need to install the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
• Install the app and open it
• Select “I’m a new user”, enter your email and mobile number that we have on record for you – your PIN number will then be sent to your phone
• Enter your pin and login
• Well done – that’s it! You will now receive messages from us through the app instead of by text. Your phone will buzz/ring just like when a text message arrives.
So you will:
• receive instant notification of messages
• receive messages using Wi-Fi even when there is no mobile signal
• not be charged for sending replies back to the Academy
• help save the school money on text credits.
Please don’t worry if your mobile phone doesn’t have an app facility we will continue to send messages via text instead.