Certificates will be available for collection from early November. Please telephone reception and they will arrange to have the certificates available for you.
RESULTS ISSUE DATES
- GCE Thursday 18th August 2017
- A Level 8.00am in the Sports Hall
- AS Level 9.00am in the Sports Hall
- GCSE Thursday 24th August 2017
- GCSE 10.00am in the Sports Hall
ACCESS TO SCRIPTS
What to do if you want to see a script
- If you just want the original script back, and do not want a review of the marking, then request the return of the original script – deadline 11th September.
- If you want to see a script to decide whether to have it marking reviewed (AS and A Level only) ask for a priority photocopy of the script Deadline 24th August. You can only request priority photocopies of GCSE scripts for subjects provided by Edexcel Pearson – deadline 31st August.
- If you are thinking of have a Priority Service 2 enquiry, do not ask for a priority photocopy – move straight on to the priority remark – this is because you only have until 24th August to do this. The awarding bodies will not return a photocopy to you in time to request a priority remark.
- You cannot request a script after a remark. You must request a copy of the script at the same time as asking for the remark.
- It may be possible to see a GCSE script before the deadline for results enquiry by requesting a clerical check with copy of script. This would need to be done very soon after results issue for there to be a chance of the script arriving in time. Deadline 31st August.
ENQUIRIES ABOUT RESULTS
The awarding bodies offer the following Enquiry about Results services (EARS)
Service 1 (Clerical re-check)
This is a re-check of all clerical procedures leading to the issue of a result. The candidate consent for this is required. The deadline for requesting this is 11th September (unless you want the possibility of a script photocopy to arrive prior to the results enquiry deadline – see above) The awarding bodies target for completion is 20 days following receipt of the request.
This service will include the following checks:
- That all parts of the script have been marked
- The totalling of marks
- The recording of marks
- The application of any adjustments
- The application of grade threshold
- The application of any special consideration where applicable
The outcome of the re-check will be reported along with a statement of the total marks awarded for each unit, or component, included in the enquiry.
Service 2 (Post-results review of marking)
CHANGES THIS YEAR
This is a post-results review of the original marking. From this summer, marks will be REVIEWED not RE-MARKED. Marks will only be changed that are the result of a genuine marking error, not a difference in judgement. The service is available for externally assessed components of a modular, unitised or linear specification. Candidate consent is required. The deadline for requesting this is 11th September – the awarding bodies target for completion is 30 days following receipt of request.
This service will include:
- The clerical checks included in Service 1
- A review of the marking as described above
- A photocopy of the script if it has been requested and is available
Priority Service 2 (Post-results review of marking)
This service is as service 2, but is only available if the following criteria are met:
- The enquiry is about an examination for A level qualifications
- A candidate’s place in further/higher education is dependent upon the outcome
Any applications not meeting these criteria will be treated as normal Service 2 requests. Candidate consent is required. The deadline for requesting this is 24th August . The awarding bodies target for completion is 18 days after receipt of request.
Service 3 (Post-results review of moderation) – not available for individual candidates
This is a process in which the original moderation is reviewed to ensure that the required assessment criteria have been fairly, reliably and consistently applied. Please note that if the coursework marks have been accepted without change by the awarding body, this service will not be available. Candidate consent is NOT required. The deadline for requesting this is 11th September – the awarding bodies target for completion is 40 days from receipt of request.
- Review of moderation will be undertaken on the original sample of candidates’ work
- Review of moderation may include feedback similar to that provided following the original moderation
- If marks are re-instated, feedback will not be provided
- Review of moderation will not be undertaken on the work of an individual candidate or the work of a candidate not included in the original sample
There is a fee for all of the above services. Contact the Exams Office for a form.